File Dump #8

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yes another file dump. Haha. This one is filled with a bunch of really great gosh darn tracks. As in, listen to them over and over and over and not get sick of them tracks. Yes, it's basically the best file dump evarz.

1. Patrick Stump, Brendon Urie, Travis McCoy, Cee-Lo, Janelle Monae - Open Happiness [MP3]

Excuse me while I coo over the greatness of this track. I've had it in my head ALL day and I'm okay with that. I can literally listen to this over and over and over and it's as good as the first time I heard it. It's LITERALLY the happiest thing I've heard in like, evarz.
2. William Beckett - Heartbeats (The Knife Cover) [MP3]
Why thank you Strike Gently for ripping this audio. William Beckett did a video of himself covering this song acoustically, and geeeeeeeeez is it pretty. The original of this song is obv. hauntingly beautiful, as it is The Knife, but this is just a pretty little acoustic diddy that can't help but make you smile. Dig eet.
3. Jack's Mannequin - The Mixed Tape (Piano Version Live) [MP3]
The Mixed Tape is a fucking great song. This is an even better version, IMO. I have actually been meaning to stick this in a file dump since I started this blog, but I just haven't been able to put one together that I felt really suits this song until now. It's the kind of song where you need to close your eyes just to absorb how damn lovely it is.
4. Dustin Kensrue - Creep (Radiohead Cover Live) [MP3]
Another track I've been waiting to share for awhile. Creep is arguably the most recognizable Radiohead song, and for good reason. Dustin Kensrue, being the immense talent that he is, delivers the goods in this cover. It's as haunting and beautiful as the original, and gives me the same shivers. It's also a pretty damn good live rip.

0 comments: